Monday, November 12, 2007

Xi Hu Hangzhou - Snow White look in Winter

This the final part of my Xi Hu scenery entry - Snow white look of Xi Hu in Winter. The story go like this :


I woke up on morning to find that I am surrounding with a thick layer of WHITE SNOW. It is not common to have snow in March especially in this part of China. It must have snow through out yesterday night and everybody must feel exited to see all the greenery have suddenly cover by white layer of snow.


Children were happy because they can play snow ball again. I took a trip down to West Lake to take some beautiful scenery, I love the clean cold breeze that blow into my face, it is so fresh and sometime I think the oxygen content must have been very high after the snow.

If not because of the white snow, all the pictures I have taken will not be any attractive at all!!!! So as you can see the nature have changed something simple to a very different kind of scenery. Normally by this time of the year, all the green have started to grow for Spring but a sudden change of whether have turn it back to Winter. This is the power of NATURE!!!!!


This was the story way back 2005 and it conclude what I call "personal touch" with Xi Hu, although now I am reside and work in Shanghai but those year in Hangzhou have really mean something to me and will be keep in my heart for many many years to come!!!





Look at that! In fact when I took this shot, I was focus on the building located far that prompt me with a lot of thought like I was flying back to the history.


This is one of my favorite picture. When I took this shot, I am actually want to focus on this small plant, It stand a lone in this empty land cover with white snow and it never lost to the force of nature even though it is small. I suddenly realize that no matter how small we think we are, our strength and persistent to survive will see us thru the up and down in our life.

The color of the red ancient architecture match well with the white snow and that make it outstanding in the picture, without the snow it just a normal building.
Ah! I won theInternet photography competition with this picture!! The comment from the judge was that this picture provide different layer of feel to the scenery, the reflection, the river, the trunk of the tree have created some sort of winter atmosphere in the picture!!!
I like this picture too because of the reflection and the single lamp stand in the middle of the river that make this scenery match the feel of a winter!!!

Nothing special for this picture except I was to capture the straight and tall trunk of the tree, I am not sure what I want to present with this picture!!!


This is the close up of the building of the first picture!!!

This is conclude my final part of Xi Hu photos. I hope my viewer will like it !!

8 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger KellytheCulinarian said...

Oh my goodness! Looks beautiful. I can't wait for a little snow here, just because I don't drive now so it's nice to look at.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the contrast of the white snow and dark trees. My absolute fav are the 2 pics with reflections in the river. So so beautiful!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

I have been to China many many times, but never been to Xi Hu...it's pretty in winter.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pics! i've been to xi hu but it was so misty i couldn't see much...winter scene of xi hu is truly gorgeous but i think i'll be miserable bc i can't stand weather when it goes 10 and below.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

nice..! the cold and peaceful picture really did the trick..i wish i could just be there..and literally chill

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that beautiful.
I've been to Xi Hu once. it was very cold then but no snow
I really hope to see snow somewhere

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Precious Pea said...

So beautiful..wish am there. Never touch any snow before. :(

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Xweing said...

I love the river pic... it's really calm and serene and beautiful... Wish I can see SNOW one day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home