Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today is the mooncake festival - I have lost touched many many years ago!!!

Today Shanghai rain all day, although it was not heavy but it is enough to depress you. When I am sitting for my usual Starbucks session, I realize today is the mooncake festival.....I really don't recall when the last time I celebrate Mooncake festival, it must be few decade ago!!! That was the time When I stay with my parent, we used to perform worship to the moon and prepared a lot of goodies for our stomach, I recalled we lighted up a lot of candles and lantern but what remain now was just boxes of China tasteless moon cake no matter there are from 5 star hotel or famous cake house....only those moon cake from Malaysia or Hong Kong are really to my liking!!!

When I stay a board or even after I left my home town in Sungai Siput to pursue my study and career, Mooncake festival remain something to remember......if not because it is a holiday in China, I certainly do not notice today is the day. Am I value Mooncake festival ? the answer definitely "YES" I will said a big "YES" but .........it remain a "YES" and nothing have changed. I always fall into deep thought try to find in my memory for the past especially during this kind of festival. I lost my track and worse still I don't even know how I lost it!! How pathetic am I !

I called home just now and asked my mum have they celebrated Mooncake festival and to my suprise they also did not prepare anything for the celebration and it seem that today have been forgotten and it was just like any other normal day! I promise myself one day I will celebrate the moon cake festival in a traditional way again...yes one day!!

8 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Shyang said...

happy mooncake fest:)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Coketai said...

Hi Doc,

Thank for the good wishes!! I hope you also have a nice Mid Autumn festival day! Most important don't forget the tradition!!

Tai

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

if this starbucks is on huahai lu, it's right behind the hutong where my MIL's brothers live :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, this friend in Malaysia celebrated Moon Cake festival twice-Sat & Sun (big family dos)

Warm rgds,
sowmei

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger  Lee said...

Hi Coketai, always a pleasure have you drop by.
Ohh, you from Sungei Siput?
Used to have coffee there back in the 70's...enroute to Penang or other way.
I remember the crunchy peanuts I used to buy from the factories there.....the best!
And there is or was a shop in town with delicious dim sum too.

I guess, I have been to practically every small town, kampong 5 corners of Malaysia, ha ha.

Oh ya, immedately after Sg Siput, no speed limit...and will hit very high speeds with my Alfa Romeo, then have to slam brakes hard when coming to that 'S' bend railways bridge, crossing.

I too miss mooncakes and seeing kids carrying colorful lanterns.....
You keep well, stay young and best regards, Lee.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger  Lee said...

Hi Coketai, I have replied your recent enquiry re 'Irene'.
Ohhh, please call me 'Lee', no need uncle, ha ha.
Thanks and you have a nice weekend. Lee.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Coketai said...

Dear Lee,

Where can I find your reply to my enquiry??

Regards,

LY.Tai

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger  Lee said...

Hi Coketie, ha ha..the reply in my blog.
You keep well and have a nice day....Lee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home